Mendel I. Markowitz, D.D.S.
Dr. Mendel Markowitz was born in Larochelle, France. He attended Yeshiva University in New York and following graduation he attended Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery. After earning his DDS degree, Dr. Markowitz completed a General Practice Residency at the East Orange V. A. Hospital in New Jersey, a full year anesthesia residency at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York and a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn, New York.
Dr. Markowitz attained his board certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 1996 and was recertified in 2004.
He is currently the medical director of the Health and Humanitarian Aid Foundation, an organization that provides pro bono surgical care locally, as well as internationally. Dr. Markowitz has performed cleft lip and palate corrective surgery as well as extensive tumor surgery and facial trauma reconstructive procedures in South America and Africa.
Dr. Markowitz is well known for his role as the facial trauma consultant for the New York Rangers NHL team.
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- St. Vincents Hospital, Manhattan
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Paterson, New Jersey
- Trinitas Hospital, Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Holy Name Hospital, Teaneck, New Jersey
- Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey
- St. Mary’s Hospital, Passaic, New Jersey
- Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville, New Jersey
- Orange Regional Medical Center, Middletown, NY